We started the morning by seeking out the Pantheon again, in order to go inside. It was nice to not have to wait in line for an attraction that we wanted to see. It was also free! Bonus. This building was founded by Agrippa before the time of Christ. Unreal! It was re-built in the year 118, and converted to a church in 608. Hard to believe! The tombs of the Kings of Italy and the painter, Raphael, are housed there.
We spent some time at a large market, Campo de Fiori. I wasn't feeling well (I've come down with a nasty cold), so mom went to the Piazza del Popolo (lots of beautiful statues and fountains) and Castel Sant 'Angelo on her own while I rested. The Castel was built in year 138.
We very much enjoyed our time in Rome. We hope to be back one day!
No comments:
Post a Comment