We arrived safe and tired this afternoon in Athens. We had to leave our place in Positano at 6:00 am, had a hired driver take us to Sorrento, got on a train to Naples, switched trains in Naples, arrived in Rome, got on another train to the airport, flew to Athens, took a taxi to our apartment, and finally arrived at our apartment around 6:00. Whew! This travelling business is tiring! We were a little nervous about missing our flight to Athens, but everything worked out beautifully.
We are only in Athens for this one night. Our apartment is nice, and it's very close to the Acropolis. We went to see it, although it's hard to see from the road. Lots of trees surrounding it. We found a great restaurant for supper and ate authentic Greek food. Yum! We are leaving early tomorrow morning to catch a ferry to Santorini. Can't wait!
I managed to break my plug adaptor, so the pictures on the blog will have to wait until I can buy another one. Uploading pics uses a lot of battery juice! I'll get around to it as soon as possible!
No comments:
Post a Comment